|Raspberry Pi 3 Model B|
- Download Raspbian Jessie Lite (pro tip: the Torrent file loads faster)
- Download Etcher
- Run Etcher to install the Raspbian Jessie Lite on your microSD card
Contents of the microSD card
- Optional: If you want to use your Raspberry with a WIFI connection instead of an Ethernet cable, add another new file called "wpa_supplicant.conf". In this file add the following:
ssid="NAME OF YOUR WIFI"
psk="PASSWORD OF YOUR WIFI"
- Insert the microSD card into your Raspberry Pi, then start it by connecting the power cord. Make sure the Ethernet cable is connected too – or that you completed the optional step 5 above. The system will be ready in about 15 seconds.
Advanced IP Scanner
- Use Putty to connect to your Raspberry
Username " pi", password "raspberry".
- You are now logged in. Now update your system: first do "sudo apt-get update" and then "sudo apt-get dist-upgrade".
PS. If you don't have a case for your Raspberry, why not find a 3D printer and print one? Thingiverse has for example this one that also fits perfectly for a Raspberry Pi 3 model B.